Department members participate in the Hospital-wide Performance Improvement Plan through the following means:
- Maintain membership on the Patient Care Assessment Committee (PFAC) and report to the committee on a scheduled basis for nursing.
- Provide sufficient staff and funds to allow continuous performance improvement activities to occur.
- Participate in corrective action teams (CATS) as multi-disciplinary/multi-unit teams whenever appropriate.
- Establish Help Improve the Process (HIPs) teams within the department or other departments when "quick fixes" are identified.
- Establish continuous monitors from issues raised from community agency interactions.
- Participate in continuous monitoring processes:
- Patient satisfaction
- Physician satisfaction
- Employee satisfaction