General Visiting Hours
8 am to 8 pm--limited to 2 visitors per patient at one time
- Consideration will be made based upon individual patient and family needs.
- Parents may visit pediatric patients at anytime.
- ICU patients-family only-may visit anytime.
- Emergency patients-visitors are to wait in waiting room, parents may accompany children.
Persons with flu symptoms, such as fever, cough, or sore throat are asked not to visit our patients. Visitors are asked to wash or sanitize hands upon entering and leaving a patient room. Cough or sneeze into a tissue or inner elbow. If coughing or sneezing into your hands, wash or sanitize them immediately. Patients in isolation for influenza may only receive visits deemed necessary for their emotional well-being and care. Visitors with questions or concerns may address them with the Nursing Supervisor on duty.
Adherence to these requirements will facilitate patient privacy and maintain a therapeutic environment for each patient:
- Keep noise to a minimum.
- Avoid any behavior that will impede patient care or inconvenience to the patient, staff or other visitors.
- Use public restrooms and not the patient restrooms.
- No smoking is allowed in the building or on campus.
- Refrain from reading patient charts.
- Step out of the room is asked to do so by a health care professional or a patient.
- Refrain from consuming foods and liquids from the patient trays as food and fluid intake is often monitored.
- Supervise any child under the age of twelve who has been permitted to visit the patient.
- For reasons of safety, patients may receive Mylar balloons ONLY.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn.